Show off your chalice corals!

Going to get a Chalice coral soon... Wanted to see what they tend to look like once established in a tank. I read that they can start growing like Monti Caps.. How on earth do you convince them to do that! :D

most chalices i have seen encrust...like encrusting montis (superman rainbow), i personally have not seen one grow out like a monti cap

I've seen pics where they droop over the edges of their rock. How do I encourage it to grow out and somewhat up? Do I mount it on a large rock and hope it encrusts and eventually grow out? Or just keep it in low flow? There's very little info about these corals out there I was hoping some pretty pics could calm my nerves.

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1039017&highlight=chalice+pics

echinophyllia_green_0120.jpg
alt="">

td_echinophyllia_blue.jpg
alt="">

@Animal Mother wrote:
[img]http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg231/thehippydaledo/IMG_0207.jpg[/img] alt=""> Scored that piece at Frank's Tanks. said:
WHOA! Awesome! :D I bet your wallet was really sore after that visit.

I need to make a trip over there soon. Don't know if the other half will approve of the long drive for "fish stuff" though. :roll:

I don't have any older pics, but I am pretty sure this is my chalice...

46g2_12_08058.jpg
alt="">

its growing great, just waiting on me to make my move back to DFW so I can get it back in a big tank, it is growing up against the glass in the 46g!

$10? congrats on that!
I've had this one for 4 years...it grows slowly but it is about double original size now. I think I paid $80 for it back then

For both you two with the red on red chalices, what lighting is on the tank, did you use a flash and did you use photoshop or any other enhancement software? Both great looking corals, just let us know lighting and any other factors please.

Thanks. Mine is under Reflux 12k and actinic VHO. My tank is pretty is blue. I have an underwater setting on my camera that makes this color really pop.