Sea Hair Questions

im slowly but surely making my transition toward sps. Right now im having trouble with hair algae, so thinking of getting a small sea hair. im scared if i put him in there and he eats all the hair algee, when he is done he will die (24 gallon tank). Ive read that they release toxins, and kill almost the whole tank. If i dies in my tank my 3 fish and my corals die..... maybe i could borrow one from someone for a while then give it back when he eats it all. Or get one then sell it. what do you think?

When he's finished, just give/sell him to another reefer to go to town on their tank. I could borrow one for a few days...

I would figure out the hair algae issue before putting in sps. If you have nitrate's an phosphate's that will affect your corol's coloration.

Cheers,

@tj51 wrote:
Adam (rkcrzy1) has a great method for removal of hair algae.....ask him how he got rid of his said:
Only for FOWLR tanks. 2500psi has a bad effect on corals , not to mention the fresh water "dip" :shock: at 2500psi.

But the coraline is intact to my surprise.

Buy one, use it, sell it. I did that with my starfish. Needed him to clean up the deep sandbed in my 12g, then sold him to a larger home. Received 100% back on my sale.

I did the same with my sea hare. Bought it to clear up a lush covering of hair algae and sold it after it finished the job.

I didn't try to recover 100% of my cost. I didn't mind taking the loss because I was so pleased with the result.

When it's finished, drop me a PM. I want to get a small one to clean up the smaller bits that the big one over looked.