Sched 80 2" Bulkhead

Is there a specific reason why you can't use Sch40? Some sprinkler / irrigation companies will carry Sch80 bulkheads locally.

I just bought everything sched 80 and wanted to keep it all the same. I decided to just use what I had which was sched 40 bulk heads. Sched 80 is over doing it, but wanted to keep the colors all the same. Thank you for the tip.

It's not just color, but dimension-ally bigger. Sch80 bulkheads need a bigger hole than Sch40 because the plastic is thicker.

Yes I know its thicker, that is why I like to use the sched80 bulkheads even when I wasn't doing a color scheme. As I was saying, they may be a bit over kill....but I have never heard of one cracking etc...
I have used both of them and have the whole saws for both. The sched 80 2" bulkhead requires a 3 1/4" whole while the sched 40 bulk head uses a 3" whole. Nice 1/4" difference in strength.

I started using them a while back when the sched40 bulkheads where cracking all the time. That issue was fixed, but I still like them. I have my return all plumbed up now and it looks great. More importantly, there are no leaks so far.

That's great. I didn't know about your extra set of hole saws - most people aren't aware of this which is why I brought it up. Lurkers read quietly, long after the thread has concluded. ;)

@mtraylor wrote:
Anyone know where you can find a Sched 80 2" Bulkhead slip/slip said:
I would say try amazon.com. I purchased most of my sch 8 plumbing from them on one of my recent builds.