Salt Prices

ToddLaCo

Premium Member
I think someone told me once that Petsmart would match the price if you printed the page from their web site about the specific product.

If anyone knows if this is true please let me know. I am almost out of the cheap salt I brought down from Pa when I moved here in July.

I found the following price for Instant Ocean salt on their site. It's only $31.99 for the 160 gallon bucket. I know it's IO, but I am using it in a FOWLR so I don't need all the extras that reef salts have. My Calcium is already over 500 from the Oceanic salt!!!

Here's a link if this is true and anyone else is interested.

Instant Ocean

I did a little more research. They also have Reef Crystals for those that use it. It only comes in 50 gallon bags, but 3 at $14.99 is still better than you will find a bucket anywhere else in DFW I think.

Here is link to the Reef Crystals

Reef Crystals

I have done this multiple times... Just make sure you take a printout of the webpage showing the price and etc.

You might want to consider calling ahead to make sure that this will be kosher. The PetSmart by my house has allowed it some times and not allowed it others depending on whose the manager on a given day...very annonying. The one by my office has always been willing to price match, so pricematching appears to be "like a box a chocolates...you never know whachur gonna git."

I'd get the name of the person with whom you speak on the phone so that when you're there at the checkout and they call for someone, they won't waste time calling the wrong person.

Just my 2 cents!

I recently bought salt on line from Dr. Fosters and Smith, IO Reef Crystals 160 gallon bucket on sale for 34.99. Bought two 160 gallon buckets plus some other dry goods and shipping was only $10.99 total for all. Much better than local shops and delivered to the front door.

Thanks for the help.

I didn't get any salt, but I went to the Ridgemar mall Petsmart yesterday and they honored the Petsmart website prices for a power head and a heater. I actually got about 50% off both items.

Thanks again

@craigmurray wrote:
I recently bought salt on line from Dr. Fosters and Smith said:
I just checked Dr's Foster and Smith. That's a good deal even if it's not on sale!! 2 160 buckets of Reef Crystals at the regular 39.99 plus 9.99 shipping is still far better than you are going to find anywhere around here. 45.00 a bucket is even comparable back in Pa where I just came from.

I moved from York, Pa. That is not where I am from though. The Marine Corps had me stationed in Baltimore and I live in York for the last 2 years.