Ren's 40gal Breeder

Here are some updated photos of things.

Appleberry Monti (although ... it's branching so I wonder if it is an appleberry denea (spelling) monti) and acquired from reefpets.
appleberry.jpg
alt="">

Lunar Eclipse (acquired from Bimmerzs as two polyps roughly a month ago)
lunareclipse.jpg
alt="">

Rainbow Monti (not showing all the colors yet) - acquired from NextWave
rainbowmonti.jpg
alt="">

Tubbs Blues - acquired from WetThumb Frags at NextWave
tubbsblue.jpg
alt="">

Ironman Zoa's (have heard them other things as well) - acquired from ReefKingdom
zoas.jpg
alt="">

A coral that I got from Madfrag's - but doesn't look like any of the ones I originally ordered but could have been an extra?
sps.jpg
alt="">

Favia:
favia.jpg
alt="">

Lenny in the MP10:
lennystuck.jpg
alt="">

I had been saving up for quite sometime to get a controller for the tank. I checked out the ReefKeepers, and read some reviews and after doing my homework found it wasn't for me. Thank goodness, as Shaggy is hiating his :(. I then looked into the older ACJr models, and decided against that. I didn't want to go through hell and back to get the dog on thing programmed. So, that nixed that idea. Then finally, Apex was announced. I liked the look of them, as it's a beautiful unit. Saw the interface on the web server (thanks to Bimmerzs for the show), and seen the unit over at aentrop's house (thanks man). Did some homework and made a decision. The Apex JR was released. I decided that was the best option for me to take advantage of. Considering the fact that I have Vortech's and don't see myself using the Tunze systems. I thought it would be a waste of money to get the Apex, as I won't need the variable speed outputs. Nor do I see myself using the extra pH/ORP port. If I do, I'll grab another PM and get it set up. I do plan on getting the PM2 and the conductivity probe sometime in the future.

Thanks to aquaticspeciality.com for the pricing that they offered on the Apex Lite kits. I was able to get the Apex Lite w/ temp, pH probes, EB8, Lite Module, and display unit for roughly $425.00. Not too shabby. I should be getting it on Tuesday or Wednesday and boy I can't wait!

I also placed an order for some new T5 end caps, so I can replace the back two end caps that are in my canopy.

Since I have stopped vodka dosing, I am starting to see some growth finally on the corals as well as the colors returning. The vodka sure did suck out all the building blocks for the colors (the zoo word that I can't spell :)). I've got quite a bit of colors returning finally on some of the corals that were lacking some of the color and was staying that nasty brown color. My clam is starting to show growth on it's shell (YAY).

The dual reactor from BRS has been up and going for roughly three weeks. Next Wednesday, I will change out the media on it and replace it with some new media. I plan to continue to replace the media every month. I haven't done a water change yet, since I've been treating my tank due to the dinos. I will be preparing a WC here this coming up week of 5gals. I'm sure my tank will appreciate it.

On a side note, when I got the new rock in the tank .. I could no longer find my fighting conch that I had gotten. Thought I had smashed it with the rocks. Weeks had passed since I had seen it last... finally yesterday, guess who decided to come out and play? My conch! Must have gotten tired of playing dead in the sand!

I got the Apex up and going. Thanks to Ashlar for helping me get it going with web access. We had to do a little manipulation in order for my mac to find the address for the site. Here are the photos of the unit!

Because of the limited room on the inside of the tank, I opted to put the units on the outside panel of the stand that is near the wall that can't be seen.

apexuninstalled.jpg
alt="">

apexmoduleeb8.jpg
alt="">

displayapex.jpg
alt="">