Reef Safe Hose?

Looking for around 60'-100' of reef safe hose that I can run from my saltwater mixing station. What kind of hose can I use? Needs to be 1" ID. I would like to avoid using vinyl tubing and use something a little less expensive.

Thank you for the help.

100' of tubing - be sure it is thickwalled so it doesn't kink. You can find it on USPlastics.com. You might check FlexPVC.com as well.

@Marc wrote:
100' of tubing - be sure it is thickwalled so it doesn't kink. You can find it on USPlastics.com. You might check FlexPVC.com as well. said:
Thank you Sir! Still looking for a less expensive option. Will probably go ahead and just purchase the 1" ID plastic tubing.

Hey, take a look for drinking water garden hose. It's often white, and sold for people with motorhomes/travel trailers. You may find one that is suitable, but it's going to be important to drain it completely to avoid stagnation issues.

If you're just using it for maintenance (filling/draining), the contact time would be very minimal vs a permanent plumbing setup like a return line so I don't think using the white drinking water hose Marc recommended would be a problem. I personally wouldn't use it for a permanent plumbing application though. Walmart might sell them in the outdoor/camping area. Camping World would definitely have them.

I have used moterhome drinking hose for years to drain and refill for water changes. I drain the hose before hanging it up for the next use. Never had any issues. Found mine at Home Depot.

Thanks guys. That's great news. I will see if I can find one on-line or at Home Depot. Guess I will need to cut the ends off of it. I think I will have to find a 1" adaptor to go from 1" pvc to the size of the hose. I don't think the 1" barb fitting I have currently installed will fit the hose.

@Steve wrote:
I have used moterhome drinking hose for years to drain and refill for water changes. I drain the hose before hanging it up for the next use. Never had any issues. Found mine at Home Depot. said:
Would this be ok?

https://jet.com/product/Camco-TastePURE-75-Drinking-Water-Hose-White/ba95edcd70b144229f8640d177790770

[attachment=0]image.jpg[/attachment]

I wouldn't recommend using a garden hose, because the tips will likely corrode from the saltwater. Go with one of the clear plastic ones like you can get at Home Depot or online.

@Rickgaas wrote:
[I]@Drew wrote:[/I][quote="I wouldn't recommend using a garden hose said:
I would cut the ends off of the hose."]

For this particular drinking water hose, that would be perfect. Cut off the ends so no metal is involved.

@Marc wrote:
[I]@Rickgaas wrote:[/I][quote="[I]@Drew wrote:[/I][quote="I wouldn't recommend using a garden hose said:
I would cut the ends off of the hose."]

For this particular drinking water hose, that would be perfect. Cut off the ends so no metal is involved."]

Thank you Sir!