Recent Gem tang availability

Opus

Premium Member
I'm not trying to keep anyone from buying local, just throwing this out there so you can make your own buying decision if you are in the market for a Gem tang.   They must have hit the jackpot or an area opened up for collection on them because I've never seen so many available at one time.  There are several local places offering them and I think the cheapest I saw was $1700.   Just note that you can get them online for $999 or you could earlier in the week.   The extra cost may be worth seeing it in person and watching it eat, that is up to the buyer.  I like them but unless I win the lottery, $200 is my limit on a fish.

most of these are all coming form the same distributor or the main importing released a few boxes to various places... the guy selling for under 1k i have heard some not so great things about customer service from them.. they are awesome.. but i can't see paying that for a fish.

I know of two vendors selling them for $999 and both are known for their great customer service.  I've used them both.