question about water

randallftan

Membership Expired
hi, so i have this water filter and im not sure if its safe to use to make salt water. would appreciate if someone could tell me if its good enough to use.

What Makes the PureH2O™ Countertop Water Filter Unique?

The PureH2O™ Countertop Water Filter features an exclusive dual-filter system that installs in seconds and uses a combination of carbon filtration, ion exchange and sub-micron filtration to produce truly healthy, great-tasting water from your kitchen tap. Using the latest two-stage water filtration technology, the PureH2O Countertop Water Filter filters a wider range of contaminants than other filters. The first cartridge reduces sediment, tiny microscopic particles, and chlorine taste and odor. The second cartridge features a complex ion exchange process that enhances the mineral balance of water while reducing the lead. The PureH2O Countertop Water Filter also helps maintain healthy pH levels.

Many municipal water supplies cannot completely filter out all chemical contaminants. In fact, some chlorine taste and odor stays in after processing and ends up in the tap water you drink. PureH2O Countertop Water Filter virtually eliminates the chlorine taste and bad odors, greatly improving the quality and clarity of your tap water. PureH2O™, Because it’s your water!

Product Specifications for PureH2O™ Countertop Water Filter:

Operating Pressure Range: 0-50 psi
Operating Temperature Range: 40-90 Degrees F
Maximum Flow Rate: 0.5 gpm
Rated Capacity of Filter Cartridge: 500 Gallons

hi i have this new filter but not sure if its safe enough to use to make saltwater. im not sure if its a di unit. can anyone help me clarify

What Makes the PureH2O™ Countertop Water Filter Unique?

The PureH2O™ Countertop Water Filter features an exclusive dual-filter system that installs in seconds and uses a combination of carbon filtration, ion exchange and sub-micron filtration to produce truly healthy, great-tasting water from your kitchen tap. Using the latest two-stage water filtration technology, the PureH2O Countertop Water Filter filters a wider range of contaminants than other filters. The first cartridge reduces sediment, tiny microscopic particles, and chlorine taste and odor. The second cartridge features a complex ion exchange process that enhances the mineral balance of water while reducing the lead. The PureH2O Countertop Water Filter also helps maintain healthy pH levels.

Many municipal water supplies cannot completely filter out all chemical contaminants. In fact, some chlorine taste and odor stays in after processing and ends up in the tap water you drink. PureH2O Countertop Water Filter virtually eliminates the chlorine taste and bad odors, greatly improving the quality and clarity of your tap water. PureH2O™, Because it’s your water!

Product Specifications for PureH2O™ Countertop Water Filter:

Operating Pressure Range: 0-50 psi
Operating Temperature Range: 40-90 Degrees F
Maximum Flow Rate: 0.5 gpm
Rated Capacity of Filter Cartridge: 500 Gallons

Doesn't sound effective for reef use to me. No RO membrane, likely large micron carbon filter and a taste filter that actually will add to the tds. Clean water (0 tds) will actually not taste good. Any filtering created for drinking water will not filter well enough.

Hope that helps!

I agree with Matt as it is only getting the taste and smell out of the water along with some of the contaminants out and not really using anything other than the first two stages of most ro units but I might be wrong. If you have one get a TDS meter and test it and test your tap water and see what they are reading. I am sure it will be more than my RO water that reads around ~130 if I remember right and 0 after it goes through the DI filter.

think the ion exchange refers to DI as i looked it up. and the carbon i believe is to take of the tast and smell.

if i int want to spend more money on a ro/di unit could u tell me how i could make safe water to make salt water.

could i use this filtered water let it sit out and churn with a wave for a day. add in some dechlorinator and metal remover solutions? is this a possibility

Please post a link to this exact product so we can see it.

You are going to have to buy a true RO or RO/DI system. We see them sold on our site used from time to time, which will save you some money.

At home there are not many cheap options for water that's extremely clean. I know of people who use wal mart water, water from local fish stores... but having your own RO/DI at the house really is the best option, especially if your tank is using more than like 5g a week.