PVC Overflow / Weir for Bean Animal without overflow box

Malefactor

Membership Expired
So, here's what i got put together as fast as i could when i got holes drilled in the tank so i can start filling it back up ASAP (after cleaning up the sand which is probably dead after being dry 24 hrs and the egg crate cleaned of dead algae).

Over all, i'm proud of this set up. Did it quick, but made sure i did it right. Measured twice, cut once ect. Wasn't able to make it as pretty as i'd like. Wasn't able to bring out my power tools for precision since people sleeping ect in the house. So, wasn't able to use my Miter Saw for the Weir. But over all it should give ya the idea. Done Bean Animal style. Far Left is full siphon on lowest point. Far Right is trickle drain halfway up pipe and the center is emergency drain at the top of the pipe, so tank will have to be completely full to hit it. With the lip of the tank, if tank tries to overflow it can produce a full siphon even. So, i'm good and safe. If power failure occurs, water will only drop 3 inches which is about 16.5 gallons and MORE than able to be picked up by my sump. Only thing left is adding the airline to the trickle drain

Now, my big question is... When i was drilling + putting this together. Some things got in the water i pulled from the tank and was hoping to reuse (salt for that much water is PRICEY). But i don't know if i'm able, opinions? what got in the tank was

Glass Dust (of course from drilling).
Some of the plastic PVC shavings
Some of the foam insulation board i use on top of my stand for extra leveling (you know, the kind you get at home depot specifically for this purpose)

The PVC im' sure if fine. But the foam board and glass dust from drilling i'm not so sure about.

This is what it looks like though.
alt="">

alt="">

alt="">

alt="">

alt="">

alt="">