Preparation for sps tank - Advice needed

[I am going to set up a tank for a SPS tank with a 24"X18"X15" 30g. I have a 12,000K 250watt MH. Now some questions. Is that size tank going to be dangerously too small to start with sps's? Anyone heard of the bullet proof tank at garf.org?How far should the metal halide be off the water surface? I would like to here your methods and results, not just what these books tell me. I want to know what works for you, and if you think your sps tank is showroom quality or other in other words a nice looking sps tank include a picture of your tank if you could please. What kelvins are the bulbs your using, and should I be using supplemental actinic light? how much? Is the berlin the most effective way? should I use a pleneum? Will my cpr2 bak pak skimmer be efficient? Maybe throw in a refugium to replace wet/dry, or any other filtration like mechcanical? I've heard the tank has to mature before you add sps, how long should it be established before I add the corals or critters like crabs, fish(s)? I want to totally know the things you might have to do that you could neglect in a tank with just soft hardy corals. Any Active carbon use? How deep a sand bed 2-4, 6 inches(no sand, crushed coral? ? Mangroves? Any advice would be absolutly appreciated. Thanks Adley :;): :D :p :laugh:]