Power outage in Plano. How long before I need to start worry

Power here's been out for about 20 minutes and I'm wondering how long before I really need to do something. No circulation of course is the main concern but I'm also worried about temps dropping down too much with no heater. The room is about 66 degrees now and dropping and the tank is by a window.

I have no idea what's in your tank or how it's set up, but a few hours shouldn't be a problem for most tanks. Even 24 hours is usually recoverable. Temp usually isn't a problem down to around 65 for a few hours.

My apex says power was out for a little bit, but came back up right away. This scares me a little bit. I think it is time to get backup power setup.

Sent from iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't lose power and you know where I am relative to you. I keep an emergency battery powered bubbler that kicks in if the power goes out for aeration. You can always cover the tank with some blankets to try to retain heat and a bubbler would allow for some aeration. Floating bags or containers of hot water could also keep the temperature up for a bit.

I don't know if it would help but I read it somewhere, but you could always manually circulate the water with pitchers.

Thanks for the responses. Power only ended up being out about 45 minutes. Just panicked a bit cause it happened right when I was getting ready to go to bed and I was uneasy about going to sleep sleep while the power was out.

I think I should definitely pick up a battery air pump for next time though.

Power outages are very scary with the amount of money and time invested in these tanks.

I have a large tank and 3 smaller tanks now. I have a vortech running with a battery backup on it and its come in hand the 3 years I've had it. I highly recommend some type of battery backup for at least one circulation pump. This will help keep the oxygen aerated in your tank.

I also have a power inverter that I can hook up if the power is off for a couple of hours. It is definitely stressful.