Possible flukes on DT

Oscarmk

Premium Member
I think I may have flukes on my display tank, and it seems like they might have come with my purple firefish that was introduced to the DT 4 months ago, I have seen the firefish occasionally maybe once every week flash against the HDPE board that I have at the bottom, he has been doing that for about 2 months now, before that the firefish was in observation for 3 weeks and showed no symptoms, and I did not treat with prazi pro. A few weeks before introducing two new fish a Flame angel and Tomini Tang that were treated for prazi pro 3 times over a period of 2 months and showed no symptoms, I noticed my firefish flash for the first time, meaning it definitely did not come from the Flame Angel or Tomini Tang. About 3 weeks ago I noticed my flasher wrasse flashing against a rock three times and then never again, today I saw him do the same thing about 3 times and then stopped, and now I am seeing my royal gramma in what *appears* to be flashing against the overflow wall. I haven't seen the firefish flash again, or any of the other fish.

I have googled the symptoms of flukes several times, they don't have any of them except the occasional flashing... I have prazi pro ready to be dosed, but I also have a flasher wrasse and pink streaked wrasse, and I've read that wrasses can be very sensitive to prazi pro, I estimate my total water volume to be 65-70g, taken into consideration the rocks and the RS-100 sump, and was thinking to dose as per bottle instructions for 65g, but I am afraid the wrasses might suffer/die from it. Is it sufficient do dose a smaller dose or will that simply not make the flukes spasm till they die in 24 hours?.

I suppose it could also be ich, but I would be very surprised, because I haven't seen a single white dot in 5 months in any of the fish, and none of my fish have ever had ich. There have been no new introductions, rocks, sand, corals or water from a third party added to the system.

The only way that I know to confirm for flukes is to do a fresh water dip, but I know those can be deadly if not done correctly, and I have googled a lot for the correct method to do it but haven't found anything. I would of course have to catch one of the fishes of course...

Any recommendations on what to do welcome.