Plumbing the 210. Multiple challanges. Help needed.

Sorry for being so late, but I certainly would recommend a couple of changes, number one issue is snails always try and run for the drain either place a strainer over the top or use an overflow or both!

If it were my tank I'd run a bean animal type drain with a coast to coast overflow. It looks complicated but is actually quite simple to DIY.
Another option would be to run your return behind the tank and use the 3/4" hole as a herbie type syphon (still leaves you drilling another hole for the open top concept). That will give you the added protection you need and reduce the noise. You could also increase the diameter of your return pipe which will increase the flow for your pump. Use the RC headloss calculator. The bean animal will take some time, but the herbie will be very quick and easy to plumb.

Use the locline above the water and don't worry about drilling it or using a checkvalve.

Don't worry about the level it is within an acceptable range.

Also a closed loop is a much better system than powerheads especially if you want to have anemones. I'd look into getting an external pump drilling another hole in the back.

What is your complete flow plan? and what do you intend to keep in the tank? Like you said better to get the plumbing right in the beginning so you don't have to change it later!

Your tank should be fine. Looks like you have 1 drain. The unleavened becomes apparent in a dual overflow scenario. I would still try to make it as dead legal as possible.

Easiest fix.... 2 return lines !! Put a T at top of your return line ( right above the pump) with a Ball valve to the right. Run the extra return to the center of your tank, or next to your drain. When you turn your pump on open the Ball valve. Once its primed, close it and it becomes a drain. You'll have to do this everytime, because if left open, your one drain won't handle the extra flow. It should fix your situation, if you don't want to drill another hole for an extra drain.

Forgot 1 important fact ...lol......You must add another T a little furhter from the 1st one to add the piece of PVC that will become the drain. I have this draining to my fuge section. If no fuge it can drain where ever you want. Here's some pics of my set up. Very similar to yours. Excuse the extra elbow on that last pic. That was changed.

Great article! Well, it’s very important that we should be a critic on, who to hire for our plumbing services need. It’s important to get a satisfying result on their job. Thanks.