plumbing issue 125

wrhenry

Premium Member
I have been cycling my 125g and found an issue today that I guess is going to require parts to fix. The drain tube has a leak. I don't know if there is a bulkhead and then the drain pipe coming from that or what. Apparently I broke it when moving or setting up the tank. I tried a quick fix to get through the night and put some silicone around the pipe and a hose clamp to help it from spreading anymore, its now a slow drip which will buy me time through tomorrow. But I need to know where to get another threaded female end bulkhead and a drain pipe. I would guess I could just get a drain from home depot but the fish store I tried didn't have one that was threaded on the inside base portion. So any help is appreciated. Need help guys! If anyone has a bulkhead or drain I can get that'd be awesome. If not, where can I get one asap. I live in Crowley south of ft. Worth.

Aquarium Advantage in Frisco always has threaded bulk heads in stock, but it's going to be a bit of a drive. You might also try Elliot's hardware. They carry a selection of bulkheads, but I son't know whether they are threaded or not.

Thanks. I don't know if the drain is just pushed in or if it is screwed or what. I am hoping its a slip in and all I need is the one side threaded. I guess I will see when I get it out.

@wrhenry wrote:
I have been cycling my 125g and found an issue today that I guess is going to require parts to fix. The drain tube has a leak. I don't know if there is a bulkhead and then the drain pipe coming from that or what. Apparently I broke it when moving or setting up the tank. I tried a quick fix to get through the night and put some silicone around the pipe and a hose clamp to help it from spreading anymore said:
I have bulkheads and am closer to you. Near Frank's Tanks. Or you can try Frank's of course.

Do you need to drain pipe inside your overflow or underneath the tank...

~introducing fish and coral into a electronically balanced body of water since 2007~

The plumbing after the bulkhead under the tank is fine from what I can tell. Its just the bulkhead on the drain pipe in the overflow box. In other words, I am going to drain enough water to empty the drain side of the overflow and then pull the drain pipe and the bulkhead. This will leave me with the piece under the tank that screws in and grows into the refugium compartment and the skimmer section. I can text you pictures of the underside if you need me to. Thanks