Please help me ID!

Tabi1720

Membership Expired
I noticed these nearly microscopic things on the glass in my seahorse tank. At first I thought they were some type of pods but I had only just seeded that tank with bottled pods so I looked closer and they actually look like worms.
Actual Size
[attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421111775.327145.jpg[/attachment]
The larger white dots are snail eggs for reference. The wormish things are the tiny hairs that almost look like algae.

I'm not sure what is showing up for everyone else but the video plays for me even though it says it's not ready.

Those are spirorbid worms. http://melevsreef.com/critters/spirorbid-worms

Those are what I thought were the snail eggs. But what are the tiny hairlike ones that crawl around? They are flexible and under magnification you can see that they have a whitish clear head and tail and the middle is yellowish green.

you say they are harmless....so is it advantageous to have them???? Do they help the tank in any way?

The spirorbid worms are harmless filter feeders. They don't really have much impact either way kind of like the small fan worms that grow on live rock. They don't hurt anything but they don't really help anything either. They're just kind of there.

However I am still trying to ID the nearly microscopic critters that are all over the glass.

I hope so cause I know I put those in there but these looked more greenish yellow and wormish. I guess I should get another bottle of tiger pods and take a closer look.