Plating Green Slimmer

Joe Reborn

Premium Member
So i got my hands on a green slimmer frag a couple years ago and it grew very fast in my tank. It grew so fast that i fraged it and gave the MC away. So then i thought to myself, What if i could get the slimmer to hold back the Nem (Sherman Rose) Back to i have more real estate for more Acros. So i pondered the situation, and i decided to give it a try. So i placed the slimmer in the center of where the nem liked to open late one night and kept lights off for a few days to keep nem from opening and allow the slimmer to get right before i would release the nem and its all it wrath. so that time elapsed and lights went right to working. Nem opened up bigger than i remembered and just kicked the ever living crap out of the side that of the slimmer that was closest to the nem. Being a realest i tried to convince myself that it was over my little project have been a complete failure after just one day. Talked myself out of removing the frag and hoped that at least the skeleton of the slimmer would hold back the nem. So i stopped caring out the project and never really paid attention to the side of tank. Months elapsed and just this last weekend i noticed that not only did the Nem not kill the Slimmer, The slimmer started pushing back and will not let the nem run all over it. The only way i can really put it, is that part in the Movie Ender's Game when Ender freezes his legs to use them as a shield. The slimmer has started to build a shield against the Nem. So without further delay He is a imaged that shows just how tough a SPS can be with the desire not to be killed.
20140621_160946_zps94f303e6.jpg
alt="">

do you have any plans to frag the slimmer? If so I would like a piece of it for my bare tank. I just moved here and had to get rid of most of my livestock.

Very interesting expirement. I'm running into a similar issue with RBTA's taking over my real estate. I started with 2, and now have five, six-inch+ anenomes! Do you think there are any other acros that could handle this kind of abuse?

I'm sure there are. More than just the coral its the water param.. health of coral and much more comes into play