Palys closed up for extended period

I have a frag of hallucination palys that were growing fine for the longest time but have all lf a sudden closed up. Have been shut tight for 2 weeks now. Any ideas on how to get these guys to open back up. All of the other zoas in the tank are fine and happy. Lighting/position/flow hasn't changed, they just decided one day they weren't happy.

Should mention that I've tried blasting with a turkey baster, dip with CoralRx, and brushing with a soft bristle toothbrush. They still seem to just be slowly melting away. I get that corals just sometimes do this, but that would be easier to swallow if these were cheap palys.

These tend to melt a lot, not sure why I've had 2 diff frags melt. And a few other peeps I know has had the same they can keep as small groups less than 5 but once over 5 boom melts.

That's exactly how many polyps it had grown to. the guy I got the original polyp from had his melt as well. Just sucks to watch em slowly disappear and be powerless to do anything.

Try dipping in hydrogen peroxide. 50/50 for 3-5 mins. This has saved some of mine but I've also had some that never responded no matter what I try. I'm going through this right now. I have 3 colony's of 10+ polyps closing up and getting a white fuzz. I'm about to lose my delirium morphs. My VDMs are opening back up but at half the size. My Dr Peppers won't open up but still have some meat left. And half of my 80+ polyps of mean greens are closing up as of last night.

I think 99% of us have gone through this at some point. Mine happened after I added an acan frag that was melting off from a beginners tank. I dipped it in bayors but apparently this does not kill off fungus. I should have done a hydrogen dip as well. Lesson learned I guess. The acans are recovering great though.

My AOG colony is doing the same and they attached to the rock from the plug. I will have to try the hydrogen peroxide dip if I can detach it from rock.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Mine did this and I found that it was a combo of not even white light and calcium was low

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

@blovely76137 wrote:
Mine did this and I found that it was a combo of not even white light and calcium was low Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2 said:
Not even or not enough?

Not enough I put more white on it and then had to boost my calcium up because the white light was sucks it all up with the other Coral

I has but t5 on it with LEDs so I could not dimmer the t5s but I was only running them four hours a day and it still did it

I do believe that you still have to have plenty of "white" light for Zoas. My Zoa system runs a 20k halide for 4 hours as the first light in the morning and only blue LEDs the rest of the day.