One plague at a time

tesfeld

Premium Member
I've been through hair algae. I've been through grape caulerpa. Now, I'm going through Xenia. I pulled every rock out of my tank that had xenia and nothing else. Then I tore the xenia from every rock that had something else on it. Together, all of it filled the prop section of my sump.

Hmmm....I wish I had that kind of plague! What is it with Xenia? I can't seem to keep it happy more than a couple of months, and others can't kill it.

Carolyn

Hey Tony, why not sell it and use funds to buy new clean live rock? If you can't sell it than take it to DNA and they will give you good credit for those large pieces.

That's the plan. Just waiting for xmas to get overwith so I'll have time. I like the idea of a xenia filter like some have a clam filter :lol:

Most of mine goes to DNA, but it has to be mounted which is a royal pain in the !#$ Not to mention the aweful smell that comes from that stuff. It does not come off your hands! I keep mine up really high in the tank so it doesn't spread to bad.

Before I got the Tunze streams and was using a closed loop, it would get sucked into the holes on the intake pipe, shredded by the impeller, spit back out into the tank and walla! Several new colonies :evil:

Tony- I forgot to tell you your substrate is too clean. dump your skimmer goop in there. You're making us all look bad, even if it is just your prop tank :D

It was installed less than a month ago and has a 10k blasting it, but thanks! I created some serious cloudy water tearing all of that stuff off. I hope it will stick itself to the large grain sand in the prop section because I dont feel like mounting 20+ frags of the crap.

@equinecpa wrote:
Hmmm....I wish I had that kind of plague! What is it with Xenia? I can't seem to keep it happy more than a couple of months said:
Don't feel bad. I've tried 4 different times to get xenia to grow in my system but it always ends up melting. I finally gave up! :?