Nutrí ware

im new to the saltwater hobby and been reading allot on it and tryning to collect as much as info as possible. I love corals as well, since soon I'll be getting my tank i was wondering if the water nutrí seawater really works the way the show tanked shows and promotes it. I want to do things the right way so that's why I'm asking for guidance and my wife and kids told me to ask our new reef family for info on it .. thnx 

Welcome to the Family!!First, what kind of tank are you wanting to do- fish only? Fish only with live rock? full reef? The show Tanked only does Fish Only tanks. That's why they get away with throwing everything together and walking away,but they don't, they have to come back and do water changes until the tank cycles.Now for your question. It completely depends on what your answer to my question is. Different style tanks have different requirements but all have to cycle to work. The way it works is like this-1. You feed your fish, they miss some, they poop in the water. This all breaks down into Amonia. Bacteria breaks the Amonia down into Nitrites.2. Nitrites while not as lethal as Amonia, will still do harm. Another type of bacteria breaks Nitrites into Nitrates.3. Nitrates are food for plants,in other words, algea. The fish eat the algea.This is what is known as a cycle. It can take up to 30 days to get a cycle started.That is a general description-I hope this has helped. I can give a more detailed answer when you answer my question.Jim

Welcome!First thing you have to have with this hobby is patience. I think most of my successes have come from taking it slow and being patient.The show Tanked depicts everything cycled and all livestock put in at once. While some people have success going this route, I wouldn't recommend this for someone new to the hobby and go that route.Like Jim said, give us a little more info on what path your thinking of going with your tank and then we can give you some more defined direction.We definitely want to help you to succeed. :) 

At this point the best advice I can give is to watch a series of videos showing all facets of setting up and caring for a reef tank. The series is called "52 weeks of reefing" it's done by Bulk Reef Supply, an online store. It is the most complete series out there, and gives you many choices on equiptment and plenty of great advice. Hopefully it will answer at least some of your questions, even the ones you don't know to ask yet. Enjoy!https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLBaMLrfToJyybUT18OE3fMomFb9XU0ffC&v=fKEXNIhomGsJim