Nova Extreme Bulb Replacements

I've had my nova extreme for about 7-8 months and I heard it's a good idea to replace the bulbs every 6 months. Right now I have two 10,000k daylight and two 460 actinic in the fixture. My question is should I replace them with the same bulbs or is there something that can make my tank grow/look better.

Unless you are overdriving the bulbs or not cooling them properly, they should last a good 9-12 months easy. The G-man, ATI blue+ and fiji purple combinations really bring out nice colors with some decent PAR.

Cheers,

@bimmerzs wrote:
Unless you are overdriving the bulbs or not cooling them properly said:
Where can I buy these light replacements I've looked around and didn't see the Fiji Purple. And should I just get two G-man daylight and the ATI blue+ with the fiji purple? Plus can you give me the exact name of the bulbs... looking at all those bulbs give me a headache. [smilie=thinking.gif] Thanks in advance

Hi,

You can start here for your bulb search. http://www.reefgeek.com/lighting/T5_Fluorescent/Bulbs/ Depending on what color spectrum you like dictates the bulb choice, I suggest visiting the reefcentral T5 thread and start researching.

Cheers,