New tank question

Denellum

Premium Member
Alright guys, got my new tank all cycled and set up.??My old tank has 2 clowns, and they are assholes. In the new tank I want 2 firefish and the 2 clowns... what would be the best way? Buy the fire fish, let them sit in the tank and get used to it and then add the clowns??Thanks allv/r den

Get rid of the assholes. LOL. ?If they are like mine they are fine with other fish. ?It's only me they are assholes too. ?That's why they are fixin to be sold!!

Ugh, they have been alone for a while. slightly worried to add 2 more fish. Meh oh well!?Anyone know where I can find 2 firefish pair... helfrichi! :)

Add your fire fish first and let them settle for a while. Then put clowns in a "peacemaker" for a while, then let them loose and see how they do.

I bought 4 young clowns that were all from the same brood.? I kept them isolated for a month.? I put them in the main tank yesterday.? There are 3 damsels and a Mono Sebae in the tank and the clowns seem to be getting along fine.? I was told to get at least 4 and it seems to have worked out fine.?Now if two of the asshole damsels would just die.? They started worrying the hell out of the mono and were chewing him up.? I couldn't catch them and traps didn't work.? I started chasing the big one with a laser and he seems to have learned his lesson.? The mono has healed up and is the friendliest fish in the tank.I'll never buy damsels to cycle a tank again.Mark

My understanding of helfrichi is that they do fine as juveniles. ?As adults if they don't pair one will end up turning on the other.

That is my understanding as well.? I bought 3 to start.? Then I was told that two would form a pair and would gang up on the 3rd.? So I bought a 4th.? I guess Time will tell.All 4 of them are staying together right now.