20648stand2.jpg
alt="">
This is my new stand with 2 20G for a couple or pairs of clowns

20648standopen2.jpg
alt="">
How about that for elbow room
20648sump2.jpg
alt="">
And my $50 sump, there is a bulk head I drilled in the 10G on top and it sits in a 20G long.
Just though you guys might like a look
Joe]

[Joe, you can't use links from RC here, because RC no longer permits remote linking. You can attach one image to every post, if you like, or post the URL to the thread or gallery you have on RC.]

[Here is a close up of my $50 sump,
I drilled the 10G with a dremel and it sits in a 20L
The skimmer will sit in the 10 so the water level will be constant
Joe]

Edited By hydro on 1086063012

[HI Dave
No, actually, I built it freehand. It's more fun that way.
I could probably make a drawing if you really wanted it. You are talking the stand right?
Joe]

[Hi Dave
I am sure others could do this better but I think you can get the idea. I could probibly use a mag 3 bulk heads don't flow much when mounted on the back like that but I had the tanks and really didn't want to make overflow boxes. If that doesn't make sense to you let me know
Joe

I can't fix it now but the pic looks bad sorry]

Edited By hydro on 1086148535

[I can't really see exactly how you have the 10g supported, and it's probably okay because it's only part-way full, but glass tanks are designed to be supported around the frame (with nothing touching the glass bottom)....something to think about. Otherwise, super great idea. I like having max volume in a little floor space.]

[I thought the same thing Chris did about the smaller tank not being supported around the edge.

I would think you could use a piece of 1/4" acrylic under the small tank to distribute the load.

Just a thought.]

[Hi
Your right glass tank are normally supported around the side that way the canopy weight is not transfered to the bottom of the tank. Since it is only partally full, stability is more of an issue and inside the tank lip the riser aren't going any where.
Joe

P.S.
I want to chech out my new avitar]