New Softies NOT doing well

So I went away for 3 day swim meet and left the care of my new xenia, galaxia, leather, and devil's hand in the care of my mum. Prior to leaving they'd been quite happy and all were open completely during the day. The galaxia was receding a bit and some of the skeleton was exposed, but I'd hoped to nurse it back to full health. I got back home today however, and much to my dismay The xenia were all partly closed, the one leather was more closed then anything I'd ever seen (it looked like a little ball of tiny grapes), the devil's hand was not sticking it's little flowery looking polyps out (or whatever you call them), and the galaxia had receded at an alarming rate leaving a lot of the skeleton exposed!!! I immediately checked all the water parameters and couldn't find anything out of wack. Nitrates, nitrites, and ammonia were all at 0 ppm. Salinity was getting a bit higher then usual so I topped off with a bit of fresh and brought it down to 1.025. Also in the tank are 3 huge green mushrooms that are doing great. 1 red mushroom also doing wonderfully. A medium sized colony of green button polyps, all wide open and budding like crazy. A medium sized colony of palys, also completely open and doing fine. 2 firefish gobys, a clown fish, a pair of peppermint shrimp, a sand-sifting star, and 2 emerald crabs. there is some green algae growing on the rocks, but that's what the merald cabs are for, and they're slowly but surely getting rid of it. I'll post pictures of distressed corals so that my plight can be better understood. I'm also running a MSX 200 Extreme Skimmer, Nova Extreme Pro T5s, and temp is 79-80. If anyone knows what's going on, PLEASE, let me know, I'm really worried as I'm relatively new to the hobby and don't want these corals I just got to die. Thanks!!!

I have had mine do that also and then come back. What are your water prams? Does everything seem to be good and it would also help if you posted them here.

How big is your tank?
How long had they been in your tank before you left?

What I am getting at is maybe it is two much light? If they are really new it might be hard for them to acclimate/adjust to the light. I too am new to the hobby but at 36" wide you are probably in the 30-40 gallon range. At 234watts (Nova Extreme Pro T5) that puts you at 7.5-5 watts/gallon respectfully. You might be better setup for SPS.

Good Luck

Like Mitch said its probably a light issue. If they are receiving alot more light than they were from where you bought them you should acclimate them to your lighting.

We had the same issue with our xenia not sure if it was lighting. We was way way low on Mag and Cal started monitoring that and adding some of each and moved them closer to the light with mod flow and they are doing well now. If you wanna compare we are running a 55gal with 4 48'' 54wat T5's for light.

Hope it helps.
Donzi/Brian