NEW HOUSE NEW TANK HELP

ffcato

Membership Expired
I am looking for some help....I have had a fresh water tank in the past, but want to install a new saltwater tank in the wall of our new house. All I asked the wife for in the new house is a fish tank and a urinal (don't have to lift the seat anymore) They are supposed to start framing my house next week so I wanted to post a picture of the floor plan and ask for help. I think we need a peninsula style tank for this install. At this point we can still adjust the wall size if needed for the install. Maybe some of the sponsors on here can help.

Thanks
Josh

catotank.jpg
alt="">

What area are you in? Then we can point you to a lfs sponsor to talk to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My only advice is to make the tank as wide as possible. 2' wide can feel thin when you need it to be viewable from both sides vs. one.

Thanks I can go wider for sure... what would be a standard size tank to use?? How many gallons etc??

I'll suggest making the tank room as big as you can. You'll soon run out of room for all equipment and for ease of access.

With the tank size that reefjunky has it would make the room a little bigger from the plans so good to know!!! That will add around 2 more feet...

I'm pretty sure most of the LFS have relationships with the various local tank builders (AGE, DSA, Planet, etc). Not sure how pricing changes one to the next.

@rickyb wrote:
I'll suggest making the tank room as big as you can. You'll soon run out of room for all equipment and for ease of access. said:
I totall agree with this statement. When you start adding equipment it can get really crowded pretty quickly. My room is 6'x12" and could stand to be a little bigger. [attachment=0]image.jpg[/attachment]