need some skimmer location help (in sump/out of sump)

I am trying to decide where to place my skimmer. It was orginally used outside the sump in the front (pic 5 )

I then thought about drilling another hole and placing it as seen in pic 1 .

Then the thought came to me about placing it inside the fuge area and making the fuge a bit smaller...now the 2 ways I can do this are like pic 3 or like pic 4 .. I just dont know if I want to cut the fuge down that much....

Pic 2 shows the total size of the fuge and sump

Thanks for the help..Here are the pics

http://picasaweb.google.com/Chrisbby/Tank

I have a PM bullet 2 which looks similar too what you have. Mine is outside the sump. That way my sump is free to hold extra live rock.

out of sump is preferred...I just know the AquaC skimmers are real touchy about height and where they sit compared to the waterline in the sump
My concern is connecting it then not being able to adjust as much as I would like to....

Anyone running an AquaC out of sump??

I run my AquaC in sump, just because I'm paranoid about it overflowing, and if it's gonna do that, would prefer that to happen in my sump... (That, and I also don't have enough vertical height under my stand to run it outside the sump)

You can put it on a stand to elevate it up a few inches to decrease the changes with water level changes, or (What I did) setup an auto topoff system so that the water level stays constant...

auto top off is done.....that isnt a problem. Im also in the process of making a remote collector for the skimmer...I just dont know if I want to cut my fuge down that much...

so lets try this....

The pic below is my sump and fuge. I am now thinking of getting the octopus skimmer non recirc but cant run it externally. I was thinking I could build a skimmer box to the left of the sump, house the skimmer in it, run the water from tank to this box then run skimmed water to the sump then down the line....Is this feasible? I have plenty of room in the stand to do this, the sump is acrylic so holes isnt a problem..

IMG_0250.jpg
alt="">