Need new MH bulbs...whats popular these days?

I am getting ready to replace my bulbs on the 265. They are SE. Two 250W and one 400W. What are people using these days? Are Reeflux still a good choice? I am changing from 15K XM's which are a little too blue for me and I dont think I get that great of growth with them.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks
Angela

im also interested i have been to couple of lfs and been asking they were useing xm, sps, phoenix, reeflux. i was reading good things somewhere about icecaps bulbs

You just missed a great sell on the new Aquamaxx bulbs. They were designed by ex-phoenix folks and I love them over the reeflux's i ran on icecap ballast.

Cheers,

I bought icecap bulbs this go around for my 46g BF. I like them allot. I have 2 DE 150w 14k's on it. I also have the RefLux. I run 2 SE 250w 12k's on the 75g. they are nice also. I think I like the looks of the icecap better. I am seeing more growth in the 46g BF but I am also getting good growth in the 75g. They both look good & out of all the bulbs I have used I like these two brands the best.

We use icecap ballast on our tanks.

Right now there is a group buy going on here with Icecap if it isnt over yet. You can ck with matt. Now might be a good time to try them out.

I use Phoenix 14ks and absolutely luv them. Already got another pair for when it's time to replace. Good growth and nice color.

20k radium or 14k aquamaxx... i went from reeflux 12k to aquamaxx 14k with great results.

ive used the reeflux 12k and 10k, got better growth from the 10's but loved the blue in the 12's. my next ones will be the phoenix bulb, but thats a ways down the road as i have a new set of 12ks left. the aquamaxx bulbs seem promising, they have a really nice color. have you decided what you want yet?

I suggest doing some research. I bought the reeflux bulbs and I was not happy with them. I have a magnetic ballast and that bulb on that ballast is not a very great combo (as far as PAR). Ballast and Bulb combo is important. But it also depends on what you want in return. Do you prefer color over growth or vice versa?

Here is a link to Sanjay Lighting Guide

XM 15k's have very low par , be careful to not burn your corals with a better bulb.

I'm running the new icecap 14K's , but would not pay MSRP for them.
I replaced my reeflux 12k's which are a good bulb. Aquamaxx 14K and
the new phoenix 14K is also just out.

I know for a fact the par on the icecap, reeflux and aquamaxx mentioned are near identical with my setup and would by according by price.