Need Mr. & Mrs. Smith for my mushrooms...

So, we all love mushrooms... until they take over. Now I have them in places I'd rather not mention :shock: . (j/k! like on base rock that I can't easily remove and make mushroom free).

Ok you mushroom assassins... what's your trick? I certianly don't mind if there is a way I can get them to release from the rock alive to frag out, but if not... suggestions? Otherwise, I'll have a very "unkept" natural looking tank as everything fights for it's own space on the reef. :?

I recently got rid of a few.

I got a razor, and cut them as close to the rock as possible. Then you get a Kalk paste mix, and spread it over the remaining tissue.

I then gave away the top part of the mushroom to a DFWMAS member.

Good luck!

I had a large power head come unstuck from my glass (yes yes, get the magnets).

I'm not sure how long the head was there, but my population of purple mushrooms reduced from a dozen or so to one.

Honestly though, I'm surprised I didn't have shroom fragments growing all over the place.

Curtis

I had heard that cutting them like this would allow them to live, just didn't know what was best to kill the base with. I have Kent Marine Kalkwasser, so I'll try some paste in the next day or two.