need help swapping stands...willin to pay for help $$

agamez214

Membership Expired
Im wanting to swap out my 75g stand but need help.....i have never broken an aquarium and not sure if i shpuld leave sand in tank so i wont mess up my parameters....any suggestions w b greatly appreciated...im willin to pay u if u can help i bpught 2 32g buckets to put everytging in while i switch it .out....contact me at 214-985-7547 let me know how much im located of walnut hill and marsh ln in dallas...hers a pic of it and wanting ro do it this week b4 have to go to work

Thanks in advance

Here's what you need to consider: http://www.reefaddicts.com/content.php/37-Swapping-Aquarium-Stands

And yes, I'd probably remove the sand and rinse it out to remove trapped detritus.

Its not difficult, but youll need:
lots of salt water already mixed
lots of buckets, rubbermaids are good
net for the fish
airstones for the container holding the fish
seachem prime and purigen

I also suggest rinsing the sand. The prime and purigen are to help neutralize amonia from stiring the sand bed. I would also monitor ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates since youll probably have a cycle.

Its not that hard, you just want to make sure you have your ducks in a row before getting started.

Well...sorry to say but i already swapped it out i left sand in w about 6" of water and moved then filled it back up....what can happen since i didnt remove sand....or will it b like if nothin happen?