Need Denitrifier / Denitrator culture!

I've just set up a Natureef Denitrifier and need a starter culture. If you have a biological denitrifier/denitrator, I just need a small quantity of the muck (bacteria), to seed mine.

Collecting a small amount won't disrupt your system.

Please contact me.

@Technosteve wrote:
I've just set up a Natureef Denitrifier and need a starter culture. If you have a biological denitrifier/denitrator said:
Just use some skimmate. Run your finger on the inside of the collection cup to get some of the sludge and drop it into the reactor.

The bacteria that grows in them is the same that is abundant in your system. There is nothing special about the bacteria itself.

The recommended method is to run it wide open for a few weeks which passes through the reactor and seeds media that way, but jump starting it with the sludge probably will work just fine.

Given that I have a cyclical denitrifier which utilizes anerobic bacteria, can anyone verify that skimmer sludge will seed appropriately?

I have no idea, but Dave has used two of these denitrifiers now, so I'd listen to his advice. Or contact the mfg of the system you purchased and follow their recommendations.