need advice to catch a sixline wrasse

lceman225

Membership Expired
I currently have sixline in my tank for over a year. he has never been an issue with any other fish. however, i recently added two flame wrasses and he's pretty aggressive towards them.

--should I wait it out and see if he gets less agressive over time?
--how is the best way to catch this guy?

thanks.

I have had problems with 6 line on introduction of new wrasses and a mandarin. I have learned to sneak the new wrasses/fish in after lights out. That works for mine.

Try to find where he sleeps, then find something bright enough that will stun him for a few minutes or longer, what I did was use a flood light on my goby, that thing was completely blinded for a few minutes (as far as I know) where I probably could've just grabbed it by hand, it came out to the front glass and just floated there, the trick works sometimes.

thanks. I'll see if i can find him sleeping tonight. thing is, he hides in my rock work and i really don't feel like taking down any of my rock work. If i do, i'll probably tear down a good bit of it and have a bunch of frags/colonies for sale soon.

I lost several fish about a year ago because of my 6-line's aggression. He would bully the new fish so much that they would not come out of the rock. After 2-3 days, they'd be dead, I'm guessing from utter stress.

I finally had to get him out, and everyone's been getting along well since then, even new additions. I used the 2-liter soda bottle fish trap. I had him trapped within 5 minutes!

I'm going to tag along for this thread, because I have a 6-line that I'm about to cyanide.

I have two small clowns and a yellow tang and he just swims around on his never ending search for pods and doesnt bother anyone.