Nature will find a way

Like any great metropolis once you run out of space to spread out, you grow upwards! What I highlighted is vertical growth along the glass wall of the aquarium.

I may need to relocate Marco's Monti real soon. [smilie=lol.gif]
wXnkK.jpg
alt="">

Has anyone seen a monti plate up and above the water line? This monster is getting real close to the very top as well. I don't want the mother colony stressing because part of it ends up outside of any habitation zone.

typically I think once it starts to grow out of the water I think it will redirect its energy, could deff be wrong. I have seen Monti's grow up though my ling sy is growing straight up it seems like. Ill snap a photo tonight.

Its the usual reddish brown depending on how you light it and how much. Got a frag now. Accidentally knocked a new plate off the other day.
I'm avail most of tomorrow and the weekend. Let me know if you want to drop by. Coit and 121. I could be persuaded to chip off some of the green or grape if you want.

For the right trade I have two Tyrees and two encrusting as well.

--H

Here is a pretty good idea of what you can do with this coral with just 3 months if you dose. This is on the back of my overflow on the 90.
zA4a3.jpg
alt="">

Natural fish poop! That orange one in particular will be upset if you drop the nitrates too low. I've seen it grow in over 80 ppm nitrate.
It also sucks alkalinity out faster than you can imagine. The big mother colony pulls almost 1 dkH per day out of the tank. No less than 5ml of IO Marine Stabilizer daily and every few days I boost with 12 ml of Brightwell KH buffer instead of the IO.

Kent Essentials every weekend. Kent Coralvite every weekend.

A few drops of essentials and 5 ml of I/O marine stabilizer in each 5 gallons of top off water for the tanks as well.

The 45 cube gets some microvert every once in a while since it's nitrate runs so low and don't have many fish in it.