My new 150g...new aquascape (3/1)...looking for comments...

dachsieholic

Premium Member
All I want for Christmas is... :D

Yea, I finally upgraded! This is pics of my new 150 (thanks Danny...dwjezek!)

DSCN5847.jpg
alt="">

My husband and a friend working to get it cleaned up and set up on December 29, 2007...

DSCN5842.jpg
alt="">

Here are all my little babies wondering why they are in time out...

All the little fishies...
DSCN5844.jpg
alt="">

The shrimp, hermits, snails, corals, "Air Jordan" my red starfish, coco worms, and "Elsie"...my new little cowfish...I love her!
DSCN5843.jpg
alt="">

I'm proud to say...everyone made the transition from the 72 to the 150. No losses! Here is a list of tank inhabitants:
1 Cowfish...yes, her name is Elsie
1 Regal tang
2 Yellow Coris Wrasse
2 Clownfish
1 Domino Damsel
7 Blue Reef Chromis
2 Foxface
3 Yellow Tangs
1 Damsel (black with yellow tail...name unknown)
1 Goby
2 Cleaner Shrimp
1 Fire Shrimp
3 Peppermint Shrimp
1 Red Starfish
2 Coco Worms
1 Hawaiian Feather Duster
Various Hermit Crabs
Various snails...including 1 XXXXL Turbo, 2 Cinnamon, and 4 Narsarius
Lots of corals...most small and growing :)

I only have a little live rock stacked on the left, but more sand and rock coming soon!

DSCN5852.jpg
alt="">

Looks great. I see the ragal , clowns and yellows are active. Cant wait to see it with more rock

congrats, looking good...is the cowfish in there? im assuming so, and with that is anyone messing with him? and is he eating well (what)? maria just loves those guys...

Here is a list of equipment that I currently have on the tank:

Aqua EV180 Protein Skimmer with Iwaki MD30RLT

Phosban Reactor with Maxi-Jet 600 running carbon

Aqua Medic 500watt Titanium Heater

(1) 6100 Tunze Powerhead; (1) 6101 Tunze Powerhead with Tunze 7095 multicontroller

(2) 175watt 20,000K MH and (4) PC

have, but not running yet...Korallin 1502 Calcium Reactor

Yes, Elsie is in her new home! I will get a better shot of her and add it to this thread. She eats frozen: Emerald Entree, mysis, brine, krill and I also keep nori sheets outs...she eats a lot of that. She has a very good appetite and minds her own business. No one bothers her. When someone walks up to the tank, she is there in a second...she is very curious. I love her to death!

looks great. I wanted to give you a goldfish update. The pair is still doing fine at my parents. They all seem to be getting along and loving their new paradise. They adjusted to winter just fine and have become inactive with all the other fish until it warms up again.

Why don't you run the stream off of the center overflow? It will clean up the look and you should still be able to get good flow. IMO... :D

@blide wrote:
Why don't you run the stream off of the center overflow? It will clean up the look and you should still be able to get good flow. IMO... :D said:
Do you mean the Tunzes or something else?
I'm not very "mechanical" :? but my husband is :D

Any input is greatly appreciated!

Kim

The tunze streams. :D

Isn't the overflow in the center of the tank? If so, you can mount them on the overflow and it ill remove the wires from the back and give it a clean look. The tank is setup to have a 360 view and by mounting the streams on the overflow you could give your tank a more viewing area. :D

@orchidsnfish wrote:
I like that starfish. It's cute. What kind is it? Thanks Angela said:
I was thinking the same thing.
Very nice indeed.

And nice work on the transition...

@orchidsnfish wrote:
I like that starfish. It's cute. What kind is it? Thanks Angela said:
I'm not sure...I guess I should find out :lol: I bought him at Fish 'n Chirps in Denton. I've had him for about 9 months.

Kim

Okay...I bought some sugar fine sand and I tried adding some today...it is finally clearing up and I'm trying to do a head count. So far, I have seen both foxface, Elsie (my cowfish), 2 clownfish, domino damsel, Bubba Gump (fireshrimp), Jacque and Pierre (cleaner shrimp), 2 yellow tangs, and 2 chromis...need to find 1 Yellow tang, regal tang, Goby, 5 chromis, 2 yellow wrasse coris, and black damsel with yellow tail. (I turned the lights out until the dust settles some).
I didn't have big enough PVC pipe to try Robert's idea, BUT will get some before I add anymore to see how that works.
I KNEW, I KNEW I should have had the sand on hand when we set the tank up...oh, well, live and learn.
So, anyway, I think it will be cleared up enough to add my items from the BlueZoo Aquatics GB that arrived today...yeah, they are waiting in timeout.
Just an FYI...I put a rubbermaid tub in the shower and let the shower fill it up and run over for awhile. I then emptied the water and added a little more with some Prime, stirred it really good, and then emptied the water out...I would have to see the results without the rinsing :shock:

Okay...dust storm has settled. All fish are accounted for and new inverts from GB have been added. Everyone had dinner and lights are out for the night. I can sleep now... :D