My 180g rebuild

ss95003

Membership Expired
Well I got the aquascaping done. I didn't dry fit anything out of tank. I personally think that just makes you frustrated cause recreating something you already did is very hard. So this was my first and final attempt. I just laid out all my rock and picked and placed stuff. It's not as tall as i wanted but I have lots and lots of places for corals. Also the rock is very open so the fish have lots of caves and valleys. No rocks touch any glass, so i can keep it clean if i choose too, but usually to lazy for that.

The plan is all sps with some lps, like acans and scollys. My fish list is chomis, lyretail anthias, achilles tang, blonde naso tang, australian tuskfish, flame wrasse, and atleast 1 other cool looking wrasse.

The DT tank is 180g with a 75g sump, and 30g frag tank. Equipment is 3 mp40s, Bubble king 250 deluxe skimmer, 2 dart pumps, Carbon reactor, biopellets reactor, and calcium reactor, have an open spot for anther reactor, filter socks, and a chiller. Lights are 3-250w mh in lumenbrite DE pendants with LED actinics. Controlled by an Apex that i can't figure out how to work yet.

DSC00621.jpg
alt="">

DSC00615.jpg
alt="">

DSC00614.jpg
alt="">

DSC00613.jpg
alt="">

Well it's been forever since I have updated this.
Here are some pictures:

Here are my new lumen bright pendants they have 14K phx bulbs.
Lights.jpg
alt="">

Here is the strip with my LEDS, there are 24 or 26(can't remember) blues from rapidled attached to a heat sink. I had to add that strip you see blocking the LEDS because they were blinding anytime I was behind the tank. Also you can see the netting from BRS that stop my future wrasses from jumping.
LED.jpg
alt="">

Here are a coupe of the sump and the panel holding my vortech controlers.
SumpSkimmer.jpg
alt="">
SumpPumps.jpg
alt="">
Vortechs.jpg
alt="">

Here is the frag tank plumbed into the same system but no corals yet
FragTank-1.jpg
alt="">

Here are a couple new fish I just got
Naso9-29-11.jpg
alt="">
Achillies9-29-11.jpg
alt="">

Other fish are chromis and some dart fish, and my clowns pampee held for me for a while. The male clown is actully the first fish I ever got way back in Late 2004.

And here is a FTS
FTS9-29-11.jpg
alt="">

Coral wise I have 5 really nice acans that look sick with just the LEDS on. I will try to get some good pics of those soon.

Nice !! I like your intakes. I have the same thing, and prefer them.They take up less space than the usual overflow box type. The shadows your lights create show perfect separation between them !!

thanks. I have the lights mounted on an aluminium rack I made connected to a pulley system. I can raise them up if needed to work on the tank. However since the lumen brights are mounted so much higher then my old MH I do not really ever had to raise them. My old setup I had to raise them anytime I stuck my hand in the tank.

During avast marine's black friday sale I picked up a retro fit swabbie and a porthole (top down picture device). The swabbie is great it has been up and running for a week now with no issues, and the skimmer neck is nice and clean.

Here are a couple of pics I took with the porthole. All were taken under 14k phx bulbs and a DIY led strip. Zero photoshop. You will have to excuse some nasty algea that I am battling.

The first 2 pics are unknowns from fish2morrow, picked up at his annual sale. I think Marc was eyeing a couple of these but he was to slow.
UnkownFish2morrow1.jpg
alt="">
UnkownFish2morrow2.jpg
alt="">

Next are a couple acan's I have about 5 small colonies 2 are pretty small still recovering from shipping damage but look like they will make it. These 2 look really nice right now.
Acan1.jpg
alt="">
acan2-1.jpg
alt="">

This is a wild orchid
WildOrchid.jpg
alt="">

This was bought from some that bought it from Anton and he forgot the name. It is starting to color up now and I am pretty sure it is an oregon tort, hopefully I will know for sure in a couple more weeks.
UnkownAntonOregonTort.jpg
alt="">

This is an unknown deep water purchased from Uchin.
UchinUnkownDeepWater.jpg
alt="">

This is a Strawberry Shortcake purchased at fish2morrow.
StrawberryShortcake.jpg
alt="">

Couple of Scolly, I plan on getting about 5 or 6 more different color schemes of scolly, I like them alot.
Scolly2.jpg
alt="">

Updated pick of my Rhomboid.
Rhomboid12-29-11.jpg
alt="">

Small frag of Ref planet, I have a mini colony but forgot to take a pic.
RedPlant.jpg
alt="">

just a purple cap. all the way on the sand behind my rocks, have to look for them to see it from the front of the tank.
PurpleMonti.jpg
alt="">

Pink Lemonade
PinkLemonade.jpg
alt="">

Unknown echinata purchased from Live Aquaria, a little disappointed with this piece.
LiveAquariaechinata.jpg
alt="">

Joker's Revenge
JokersRevenge.jpg
alt="">

A couple updated pics of my Flame Wrasse.
Flame12-29-11a.jpg
alt="">
Flame12-29-11b.jpg
alt="">

And my extremely fat and poop machine Blonde Naso.
BlondeNaso12-29-11.jpg
alt="">

Looms great steve! I think you may have convinced me to do a MH/LED combo at my new house, the sps you got from me has gotten a lot more color under your lighting than they had in my tank. I love the efficiency of the LED's, but you can't argue with better colors :)