Moving larg_er tanks

Joe

Membership Expired
?Has anyone used one of the local stores to move a full aquarium set up before? Rock, fish, tank.... ECTI am really wanting to up grade & looking at a few online that are selling with the full set up, but I know I don't have the ability to move a full 210g tank.... Much less rock.Wondering how much it cost & what the process looks like. Any recommendations?Thanks!?

I never have, but I know most of them have that service. You might call a few places and give them the same specs and details of the move and see what the price comes back as, I have no clue lol, then see if it is something you would consider.Hopefully some of the members that have done this before will chime in here. Sometimes big jobs are just too much for one person. It took 3 people for my 100 gallon empty tank move :pI think moving a whole setup including sand, rock, water, fish and all the equipment would definitely need a small army of knowledgeable and able body people.

Anything larger than 100 gallons should really be left to the pros. ?They have the experience, manpower and tools to do the job right. ?And most importantly, they are insured! ?It is very reassuring to know that you're covered if something were to happen. ?If you and some buddies move it and something breaks, you're SOL!Just be sure and negotiate all charges up front and get it in writing (travel charges etc) so there are no surprises after the fact.

I called a local tank maintenance company when I moved my 200 gal from the person I bought it from.? They brought about 4 people and I had 4 friends on hand.? It took all of us.This company took tank, fish, rock, sand, and ALL the water.? It was a big job.? Well worth the $250 I paid them.Saltwater Paradise would be a place to check.

Posted by: Crotalus?I called a local tank maintenance company when I moved my 200 gal from the person I bought it from.? They brought about 4 people and I had 4 friends on hand.? It took all of us.This company took tank said:
Saltwater Paradise moved a 300g for me once. ?They did a good job. ?By far the most reasonably priced I could find. ?Only lost 1 fish, but not really their fault it was a tiny goby. ?It was truly lost. ?Never found it again. ?It could have gone inside one of the pieces of live rock I didn't put back into the tank.

Dallas North Aquarium picked up my old 190 gallon and dropped off the new 350 gallon in July. They do it by the hour instead of by the job. Took about 8 people to get it in. Because it was 350 gallons of display and about another 100 gallons of sump they had to leave to get more water. Overall it was an okay experience, but it took literally all day instead of 3-4 hours like they thought it would. They ended up comping the extra time it took and replacing a lost fish.