Most Trusted LFS & Online Stores

Joe

Membership Expired
Hey Y'all,So I have a fun scenario?to put out there. Say the Mob is coming after you and your family.... Stay with me. They say that unless you go to a LFS or purchase online one new fish and one new coral to put in your prized display tank.... With NO quarantine and you have to add the water.....Or else!.... Where do you get the fish from and where do you get the coral from?I just watched a youtube video from last year's MACNA, with Austin Lefevre. The video talked a lot?about QT & Sourcing practices. It was really interesting and got me thinking about these issues. I would love to know from those who have been in the hobby awhile what places you trust, who has great QT standards, ect.Looking forward to hearing the input! I'll post a link below to the video if anyone is interested.?[Ditching the Dump & Hope Approach: Sourcing, Quarantine & Acclimation by Austin Lefevre | MACNA 2016]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbuEMQ9f8ZU?

I'd probably be wearing concrete shoes, because I trust no one and quarantine everything lol. ?Way too much invested in my system to risk doing anything else. ?But to go along with your scenario, I'd say you can't go wrong with any of the LFS that are DFWMAS sponsors.... dems all sum purdy smart fellers ????

You need to quarantine regardless of where you get your fish and/or coral.Buy with whomever you feel you get the best advice from and warranty.Also do your homework and inspect your new addition; dip dip and dip your coral.have your lfs feed the fish before you purchase it; and remember that this hobby is very expensive and you can't afford to rush on anything.If you are in a hurry to have an incredible system then be patient and take all the posible precautory mesurments.Or in words of my father in law "slow down I'm on a hurry"

I would trust Dallas North...I do not have the room for a quarantine tank and all the hardware necessary for its running. I look at the fish...examine its habits and see if it will eat. I also look at ALL the other tanks. If I see an issue I steer clear of this months fish supply and wait for the next. Why....most stores tanks are all plumbed together thus critters can travel and probably do....JMHO 

Have had 100% (2/2) luck with Saltwater Paradise fish so far. I still did quarantine, but had no issues with them that had to be treated. I have had losses from other stores.