MH's and canopy...

I am installing a pair of 250w MH's in my canopy. Those will be the only lights. I do not have the reflectors yet (waiting on Jacob's sale!). My question is, do I need to put something on the wood above the lights in the meantime?
Is that needed to prevent damage to the wood (wood is painted with a white external enamel paint)?

Thanks for any opinions and ideas...

Tony - I have some old reflectors that I can give you until you get your new ones. I took them apart from an old light system and there really not good for reflectors but will do in a jam. I believe I have 2. I'll check.

Albert, if I need them in the meantime, I'll get with you...Does anyone know if I really need anyhing though?
The bulb will be about 2" from the wood.

Those bulbs sure generate some heat. I'd be afraid to run them without something in between personally. How's the setup coming?

Cory...I saw those sheets, but was afraid of rust. I might try that then.

Ron...it is up and running with fish transferred back. I just added the closed loop and my wife thinks the pump is too noisy (fan spinning noise). That will be fun getting back there and swapping the pumps out! Looking forward to that, not. :evil:
I just bought a used AquaC 180 with pump and waste collector, should get that this week.
I should be able to pick up the anenome on Friday evening or Sunday...which ever day works best for you. I am going to Waco on Saturday.