melting Chaeto?

I've had some varieties of Cheatomorph do that to me as well, while other species of macro algae (Caulerpa and other strains of Cheato) thrived...

In fact, I'd given up on Cheato for a while, but I kept getting samples from different people's tanks, and finally got a strain that's growing well for me...

@jeff wrote:
A few months ago said:
Are you leaving your lights on 24/7? If so that could be one answer. Chaeto is on macro algae that needs a down time every day to keep it healthy.

I have a large refugium with 2 55watt power compacts. But I know a lot of people use a screw in power compact bulb they buy at Home Depot. Maybe one of those people that use that bulb can let you know what it is.

I have 220 watts of PC lighting over my 55 gallon refuguim, and 2 13 watt screw in PC bulbs over each of my 10 gallon refuguims...

Besides wattage, do you know what kelvin color rating the bulb is?

@jeff wrote:
it is also on for 16 hours. what wattage is recommended? said:
Here is information I found from Marc's website about a bulb alot of people use.
You can buy it from several online vendors including http://www.lightbulbsdirect.com: 16W/75W or 19W/85W

5100k_bulb.jpg
alt="">

I have been expierencing the same thing. Today I just went to Home Depot and purchased a new bulb that I am going to try out. It is by far brighter in the sump now with this bulb. I will post pictures of the bulb info and how it lights up the refugium

I have a 30 Gal Sump/return/fuge so about 10 gals for Fuge size and I run a Pair of the 35W(135W) 6500K Spiral PC's over it. Since walmart no longer carries them, I've got the GE Cool daylight 26W(100Weq) 6500K spirals as my backups and my macro growth is incredible.