Mean Well On Apex

ss95003

Membership Expired
Do you use an EB8 outlet to power the driver, or just use the Variable slots to control the power?

So the driver just gets juice all the time and that is fine. I have 16 outlets so I have way more then I need.

Also how do I write an always off statement? - never mind figured this part out.

Only issue I have seen or heard is the the led's are not totally off at 0V however that normally is due to the driver not being adjusted properly or the APEX outlet isn't truely off at 0%. If you have any issue then you can use up an outlet. Having it on may actually do less harm than the on/off cycles, I don't see either way as causing an issue.

Cheers,

@ss95003 wrote:
what happens when you turn the variable outlet to auto on? does it turn on at 100%? said:
You mean set to ON. You program the max % in the setup screen. There is a spot for max% and min% so if you set it to ON it goes to max% you have in there. Auto ON starts at whatever you have set as min% vs ramp time so if you have min% at 25% and max% at 95% with ramp time of 30mins..at the start time it will come on at 25% then slowly ramp to 95% brightness over a 30min period.

Cheers,

@Deanb wrote:
I have the same thing and i cannot get them to ramp up and down said:
Can you manually turn them on then off? When you turn the variable port from auto to on

If yes you need to build a profile.

If no then cord is bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Deanb wrote:
Yes. I put if time x-x ramp up if time x-x ramp down and it says it's invalid said:
You need a profile setup first then associate it with the outlet. Go here http://www.kenargo.com and look around, you should be able to figure it out from there, also he has the unofficial user guide that is very good.

Cheers,

You will need a cable to plug from the variable port to the meanwell.
you can make one but I kmhave seen where they have shorted put on diy cables

I have two extras

viewtopic.php?t=88560#p668167

@Deanb wrote:
Yes. I put if time x-x ramp up if time x-x ramp down and it says it's invalid said:
If you have profile and outlet set up on the apex put a multimeter on the cord maybe your cord is bad or your using the wrong pairs

Profile Name Ramp_Up

Control Type Ramp
Ramp profile setup
Ramp time (minutes) 60
Start intensity 10
End intensity 50

Profile Name Ramp_Dwn

Control Type Ramp
Ramp profile setup
Ramp time (minutes) 60
Start intensity 50