Maxspect Gyre XF250

Crotalus

Premium Member
I had a Jebao CP-40 and it worked for a week.? Then the controller refused to hold a setting.? It would unlock itself and go to 90%.? I never caught it doing it, but after an hour I would notice a change in pitch (yes you could hear it) and it would be back at 90%.? The seller sent me a new controller.? It wouldn't run the pump at all.? Then the seller wanted to send me a new pump.? I sent the whole thing back.? 100%+ failure in 3 weeks was enough and the forums are full of complaints.So I bought a Maxspect.? 3 times the price.? It has a LOT more flow.? The controller programming is not easy to understand, but after messing with it over an hour it finally made sense.? The forward/reverse Gyre mode actually works (unlike the Jebao) since they give you a backwards set of impellers so it will actually pump in reverse.? You use one on each end so 1/2 the pump is working in either direction.? The controller can also handle two pumps.? All you have to do is buy a second pump at about 1/2 the price.? It will run them in tandem, or in opposition, or one pump delayed behind the other.? It can change between modes on a timer and I forget how many time slots are available for changes, but it is a bunch. There is also a connection for 12V battery backup.The controller had a problem (more on that later) and Coralvue was very quick on the replacement with very little hassle.? Their customer service is excellent.My tank is 7 feet long and the pump circulates the entire tank without having to run at full speed.?? You might consider trying one.

I don't believe so.? There aren't any other connections except power supply and two pumps.There is also a SD card slot that they aren't explaining.

Thanks for the info! I was considering upgrading to the Maxspect Gyre. If you come across anything else interesting let me know. Still doing research myself :)Thanks!

I know at Macna they talked about the new Gyre possibly being compatible with the IOTA (Internet of Things Aquarium) I think that's what it stands for. ?It's a WiFi standard that Neptune Apex started. ?However, I wasn't sure if that standard made it in to the Gyre or not. ?Also, only the New Apex is compatible with IOTA I'm pretty sure.

I was just talking to someone about the new controllers yesterday. ?The controller does no lose track of time when shut off, so these are extremely easy to integrate to the apex. ?Just plug it in one of the EB slots and go.Now you won't have control of the flow settings from your fusion dashboard, but you can turn them off a feed times and such, and they will ramp back up when power is restored.

That video has the old "apex link". ?That link will not work with the new Gyre Controller. ? At least that is what I have read. ?

Posted by: Crotalus?Now for the bad news.? The new controller isn't waterproof.? Not even a little bit.? ? said:
Your kidding...FAIL!?Man, maybe I will just go with Icecap..I have their dosers too and am happy with them...decisions decisions...

Watching the video, the Apex Link completely replaces the new controller.? The link controls the pump directly.?? There isn't a port on the new controller to connect anything.? All there is is a slot in the bottom labeled TF/Micro SD Card.

Hmmm...maybe we can just get the Icecap module and purchase only the Gyre pumps with no controller and be in good shape...

I have the Icecap module for my Gyre 150 and it works, but not as well as the controller that it comes with. ?I hear the newer controller is even better. ?With the Apex controlling it, 100% is more like 60% with the original controller. ?I could have some signal loss since my 3.5mm cable that ties into the Apex is like 25ft long (was all I had and I haven't replaced it yet)!

That should work.? The stand alone pump does come with a power supply.? If you go for the XF280 you might check.? The 280 is higher voltage than the 230 and 250.?

I did, but they warrantied it.? Probably because it was a partial failure.? The pump would still run.?