MAVSFAN214'S 120G

Shutting down my 75g and setting up a 120g... I'm gonna be using my 75g as a sump/ato container.. It'll be a 3 chamber sump with a refugium in the center for macro. Tank's a Oceanic 120g 48"x24"x24" dual drain, dual return. Stand is going to be made out of wood. For flow I'll be using 2 mp40wes. Lights will be a 6 bulb t5 fixture but I will only use the out side 2 rows (front 2 and back 2), the middle 2 rows will have LEDs. Skimmer will either be a reef octopus or a vertex 250. I already have the return pump just forgot the brand. Only things that need to be purchased will be a skimmer, baffles for the sump, wood for the stand and some leds. Everything else I already have including extra rock, and live sand to add to the tank. I will also be running a tlf reactor with carbon, and a UV sterilizer I already have both

I like the bottom stand design myself, good choice.

as far as the vinegar bath goes, you may want to drain that ASAP and get more support under the tank. A full tank with all of the weight sitting on those 2 2x4's has a lot of potential to buckle or crack!!

I'd lean toward the second stand myself. That's a heck of a brace on the new tank. It'll block a lot of light depending what kind of lighting you get.

yea im leaning towards the 2nd stand also
CaravanShaka yea i added 2 more towards the middle and i drained it after a couple days just wanted to make sure it did not leak
David im gonna be using 4 t5s and 2 led units. Havent decided what kind of leds just yet, might just start with 2 chinese full spectrum and go from there.

@Mavsfan214 wrote:
yea im leaning towards the 2nd stand also CaravanShaka yea i added 2 more towards the middle and i drained it after a couple days just wanted to make sure it did not leak David im gonna be using 4 t5s and 2 led units. Havent decided what kind of leds just yet said:
Glad you got some more support under it! It would be so frustrating to lose a tank before you even get it filled with fun stuff, lol.

T5/LED combo is a good choice! with T5's on the tank, you don't have to be as selective with your LED choice, but I would lean away from the chinese fixtures and at least look at reefbreeders. maybe consider Kessils as well.