Marc is usually the first to post.

Awesome Chris. Tell us all about your fish now. :)

We will probably move a bunch of threads (like ich-related ones) to this forum.

Ok...I'll post a question here. Was wondering where to ask this question. I just got a pair of Maroon clowns and a LT anenome. The female clown is doing a number on the anenome, but the anenome seems to be handling her. But what I do not understand is why she is stirring up my sand. I mean she is literally causing a sand storm. Most of the rocks and corals on that side of the tank are 'dusted' with sand. She is digging quite a hole under a rock that has a arch under it. She also seems to be wanting to move the anemome under the rock as well.
So what is up with all this behavior? Referring to the stirring/digging in the sand and moving/pushing the anenome around... :?:

@tonymac wrote:
This is normal. My maroons stir up a sand storm also. Others have posted about other clowns species doing the same. I don't remember anyone ever commenting as to why though. As far as the anemone, I have heard that maroons are the roughest on or most aggresive in an anemone. For the anemone's sake, I have heard it recommended that it be 2-3 times as wide as the clown is long.

My percs used to stir up a bunch of sand before they decided that the anemone is a good thing.

LOL...kind of what I figured. The anenome is supposed to be a pretty good size one, if it ever has the chance to really open up. She hasn't spent more the 2 seconds away from it (guess she was hungry this time when I fed). She is letting the male closer and closer though. Thanks for some of the feedback.