Make your own fish food - What do you think?

melev

Club President
Staff member
Board of Directors
Sponsor
[I just found this message on the R.A.M.R. newsgroup, and wondered what you thought of the ingredients of this recipe? Btw, if no-one objects to anything, it may be a good one to try out for your own reeflings. :)

<hr class="bbcode_rule" />
Boil some frozen peas for a few minutes, then take the shell off them - this is the time consuming part !!
ASDA supply frozen chopped spinach - heat up very gently (no water added) to defrost and cook lightly. You can use the same pan as the peas, to save on the washing-up.
ASDA also supply frozen prawns, and from the deli. gondola, mussel, squid, cockles etc.
You can also add some vitamin C (very small amount) and the liquid part of a garlic capsule, if you like.
Liquidise the prawns etc. and stir into the peas/spinach mix. Spread onto Pyrex lids, and freeze. When frozen, remove from Pyrex lids, and store in polythene bags.Break off a piece when required, and keep in 'fridge to thaw out a bit.
<hr class="bbcode_rule" />

I've got no idea what ASDA is, but this message came from a guy in the U.K. It might be a supermarket label, or a government issued "safe for consumption" marking.

Any thoughts or opinions? This is the third time I've seen someone mention spinach, and the second time I've seen peas suggested.]

[Of course it is! However, a few more cooks might make things interesting. That reminds me, I need to get that order out for spirulina and some golden pearls finally!

Did you happen to see the pictures from the Houston group that were posted last night? Fresh seafood must be difficult to turn into frozen shrapnel like you and I make. ;)]

[I did see some pictures on the gallery of maast.org, Thawed seafood just makes it harder to blend. It gets easier if you add some water but it ends up turning to soup if your not careful.]

@bfronc1 wrote:
[I did see some pictures on the gallery of maast.org said:
[Our seafood you saw on the maast.org site was pretty fresh. Infact... while I was pulling the mussels from their shells... a couple of them were closing up on me after trying to shove a knife through the shell. I'm only assuming there was still a little life left in them.

:p]