magnets for doors on stand

I am building my stand for my 13 gallon cube tank this weekend. This will be the 3rd stand I have built. Every other time its been a traditional stand with doors. This time Im doing it with a modern style to it and I want the entire front panel to come off. Thinking about attaching the top of the door with two magnets and the bottom will just rest on a piece of wood. What type of magnets can I use and where do I get them? Does home depot sell what I need?

Do you think that cabinet door magnets would work? They are in the hardware section, and the magnet brackets screw to the cabinet frame.

David

possibly. I will be going to home depot tonight to look around and see what I find. It wont weigh much so that might work. and the weight is supported by the door not the magnets. The magnets will just keep it upright. I have the blue print of the stand in my head and plan on building it tomorrow.

They have hardware where you have to lift the door one side is one the stand the other on the door. I have magnets on the doors now and I am going to that type. If I go to home depot I will let you know what I get. Rift 2 reef uses them on their modern style cabinets instead of magnets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@kuyatwo wrote:
They have hardware where you have to lift the door one side is one the stand the other on the door. I have magnets on the doors now and I am going to that type. If I go to home depot I will let you know what I get. Rift 2 reef uses them on their modern style cabinets instead of magnets Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk said:
Yeah that might work too. But then you would have to make the top of the panel visible instead of tucked under the top piece of the stand because it needs room to lift up. Hmmm. Im going to have to figure this out before I start building.

Look at this.....

http://www.amazon.com/Hangman-HML-12D-Picture-WallDog-Anchorless/dp/B000VW7W7G/ref=pd_bxgy_hi_text_b?tag=5336653614-20