MACNA 2018 are you going?

Steve

Premium Member
MACNA in Las Vegas!It is the 30th anniversary of MACNA® North America’s longest-running marine conference.MACNA® 2018 will take place September 7th – 9th, 2018 THE VENUE: WESTGATE RESORT + CONFERENCE CENTERThe newly remodeled Westgate Resort and Conference Center provide over 3,000 rooms in its 30-story facility. This off-strip location provides free parking for attendees as well as easy access to the Las Vegas Strip from the attached Monorail station. DFWMAS the largest MAS membership in the country normally has the largest attendance. This year will be no different and now we have the opportunity to have a club get together during the event. We need to get you signed up to attend, and once we have a head count we can make final arrangements for the time and location with MASNA. So if you are going please let us know in this post. We also get together every night in a BAR to continue the fun and what else talk more hobby. Please let us know you are going even if you are unsure you can make the meetup.

Oh yes we got our tickets in New Orleans Plane tickets and hotel set up can't wait 

Never done at a family friendly time so I will never get to go unless maybe it is in Houston again.

Man i hear you thanks god my boys or grown now it's our time now 

I have missed some years due to the date not being conducive as well. I am still amazed how many fly in for the weekend or even one day. With the new way MACNA is being run, not sure where it might be held next, but I believe it will be in large cities, so maybe Houston or Dallas might be a possibility.

Posted by: Steve I have missed some years due to the date not being conducive as well. I am still amazed how many fly in for the weekend or even one day. With the new way MACNA is being run said:
That is why I wish they were at a family friendly time.  I would seriously look at going most years so the family could sightsee the week before the event.   Fly in on Monday, do the family thing all week and then they could do whatever on the weekend while I do MACNA.  I've been told that they keep it at the time they do because it is cheaper for the attendees.  Really, like you said a lot fly in for just the weekend or spend $1000's on corals but you are worried about the flights being a few hundred more or the hotel being $50 more.