Live Rock Order

I'm about to order 40-50 lbs. of uncured live rock for the 115 and was wondering everyones opinions of online suppliers and types of rock. Who has the best deals and what is your favorite rock type (Marshall, Pukani, Lalo, Haitian, Totoka Fiji, Kaelini, etc....)

I currently have around 50+ lbs of mainly regular Fiji but I've heard the shipments of Fiji have really lost quality in the last year or so.

I'm looking to place the order within a week.

TIA

I ordered from a few places in the last few weeks.

intmarine.com Prices were good ($3/pound shipped), rock was covered with macro and bristleworms, customer service was very very very lacking. Impossible to get ahold of, very very slow to respond to email (if he even bothers). If you order 50 pounds it is shipped 3day. If you order 100+ pounds it is overnighted via airline cargo (and you pickup at airport). The 'sale' is never ending and leads you to believe that the overnight shipping applies to all live rock (it doesn't .. 100+ only). I got shipping info the day before I received the rock (remember... 3 day).

dr macs corral Prices were great ($2 / pounds + shipping for Tonga Kaeli). Shipping on ~96 pounds was $60. Picked up at Dallas Love. Customer service was AWESOME. They emailed me immediately, then called with shipping info, they were easy to reach and talk to. They even called to follow up to make sure I was happy. The recently updated their website... and they are working out the kinks. Very friendly and very much recommended.

That's good to hear, I'm going ot place an order for 300 pounds and was looking at Intmarine, but will have to take a look at Dr Mac

Pete

I received a small box order (50 lbs) from International a couple of weeks ago, and I am not impressed. It was supposed to be fully cured, but was 3/4 black and still had dead sponges on it... After a week in a bucket in the garage it still reaked!

They had a sale where you could get 50 lbs of cured or uncured rock to your door for $150, because they were getting a new shipment the next week. 2 weeks after I purchased the rock, I hadn't received it, so I called them. The rock arrived a few days later.

There was 1 decent piece about a foot long by 9 or so inches, the rest were smaller boulder types, and 1 long dead coral head that looks like a piece of staghorn.

The rock was quite dense, so 50 lbs wasnt much.

As for "life" on the rock... there were some bristleworms that came out when I submerged the rock, other than that there was some halmeda that was all dead, and there was not any coraline to speak of.

I'd give the rock a 3 out of 10 stars. (being generous due to the cost and the 1 good piece) I think I would have done better buying some of the dried Hawaiian stuff that actually looks good once somthing grows on it and throwing some decent rock I picked from a LFS on top.

http://www.oceanproaquatics.com/shop/index.php/cPath/30_88

OceanPro Aquatics has some nice rock and pretty good prices.

I would probally order from them again in the future.

dr macs corral Prices were great ($2 / pounds + shipping for Tonga Kaeli). Shipping on ~96 pounds was $60. Picked up at Dallas Love. Customer service was AWESOME. They emailed me immediately, then called with shipping info, they were easy to reach and talk to. They even called to follow up to make sure I was happy. The recently updated their website... and they are working out the kinks. Very friendly and very much recommended.[/quote]

I'm looking to order some live rock online. I tried looking Dr mac but i was unsuccessful. Do you have a web address or phone #. I would like to get some more info. Also do you have pictures of the rock you got...