Live rock-cycle-and corals?

cervezamoney

Membership Expired
First the build up then the question.

1. I have a 125 reef with about 100lbs of live rock. I'll be pulling it all out today to catch my fish to quarantine the ICK out break. I still have inverts and corals, as well as 2 anemone's.

2. I have an additional 100lbs of live rock in a Rubbermaid trash can from another system I bought that has been circulating for about 4 weeks with no light to kill off the over-run algae on it.

My question is if after moving all my fish to quarantine. I put all 200lbs of rock in my tank, will it start a major cycle? I'm sure the tank will cycle after that kind of addition, but will it endanger the inverts or corals?

Thanks again team :!:

If it is not fully curred and still has live stuff on it, it has the potential for die-off which if your tank's bioload cannot handle it can cause a mini-cycle.

I'm sure you can bank your corals with someone around your area if you don't have too many.

@kthomas wrote:
I'm sure you can bank your corals with someone around your area if you don't have too many. said:
That's what I love about this place, help is always close by. I think instead of troubling anyone, I'll just add it a piece or two at a time. I'm enough trouble just asking for advise. :lol: The rock was from an established tank, but I've had it circulating in the dark for a month to let the green hair algae die off.