Lighting for a 75gal SPS tank.

Agree ati t5 fixture would work best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking of going LED. I have a 6 bulb T5 atm. Does good just color isn't the same. MH just too hot.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

@Joe Reborn wrote:
I was thinking of going LED. I have a 6 bulb T5 atm. Does good just color isn't the same. MH just too hot. Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2 said:
You prob not using right bulb combo on my old 60 gallon shallow tank MySpace colors were prob the best I have ever had. Also remover coloring of acros is not just light but also low nutrients and low range on the alk

@kuyatwo wrote:
[I]@Joe Reborn wrote:[/I][quote="I was thinking of going LED. I have a 6 bulb T5 atm. Does good just color isn't the same. MH just too hot. Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2 said:
You prob not using right bulb combo on my old 60 gallon shallow tank MySpace colors were prob the best I have ever had. Also remover coloring of acros is not just light but also low nutrients and low range on the alk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk"]
This is true but I have a frag tank plumbed into the main with AI SOL Blue. Same water conditions but diff. Lighting and the LED corals look better to me.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

how about a reefbright strip or a reefkoi strip to go along with your t5?

I run 2 reefkoi all blue led strips with my 4 bulb t5 set up and the color is amazing

@bettalover wrote:
how about a reefbright strip or a reefkoi strip to go along with your t5? I run 2 reefkoi all blue led strips with my 4 bulb t5 set up and the color is amazing said:
I wanna try these but cant figure out a way to mount them to my maristar. I have seen others with 3m tape but I think it would get too hot and melt off.

Not to be picky but you asked what is our opinion for lighting a 75 gallon tank if you are gonna go LEDs why ask our opinions on lighting if you gonna shoot down our lighting opinions.

Personally I would never put ai sols blues over my sps again I get better coloring with my radiums and t5's

Im with Pampee on this, after I pulled the LEDs off my 60g my SPS went from browned out with little polyp extension to excellent color and growing like weeds. Im running 2 MH with a DIY 24 led actinic strip. I would probably add some T5s if I had the room over the tank. I have had my halides for about 3 months now and my temp only swings 1/2 degree throughout the day....