LEDs & resistors - Where can I buy?

Hi folks,

I have a 5 LED moonlight kit with lunar tracker that I bought several years ago. One of the 460nm LEDs no longer works. I would like to replace it myself, but I will need to get a new little resistor board that the wires & LED are soldered to. I can try to unsolder just the LED, but I have a feeling I will ruin the little board trying to do it. Anyway, anyone know where I can buy parts like that online?

Thanks!

Radioshack is the easiest usually, since many of the online sites have a minimum order quantity. Here is an online site I've used before, but haven't ordered much recently:

http://www.hebeiltd.com.cn/?p=product

@Charlie wrote:
Radioshack is the easiest usually said:
the best stocked place in DFW for electronics is

Tanners Electronics
1100 Valwood Pkwy # 100
Carrollton, TX 75006
(972) 242-8702

They have a website but it is useless.

There is also

BgMicro in Garland, they do not have a
store you can browse through but download
there catalog and email them what you need
and they will do local pickups.

www.bgmicro.com

WoodDragon

When I made my moonlight I went through a company called digikits.com from ebay. Very bright high intensive lighting and it was cheap and fun to build. Best of luck.

Both RadioShack and Fry's will have what you are looking for and at least one of those is likely very close to you.

If you are a bit of a geek, Tanner is a pretty cool place to walk around and simply be amazed at the stuff they sell which is mostly salvaged parts, but some kits and new electronic parts.

With a decent iron with a decent tip and a solder extractor (one of the suction kinds) and a helping head, then I think you have a real good chance.

Good luck!
Curtis