Led lighting help

Should I just buy a full spectrum led? I have one that I like the artic SO-26 by coralrevivellc or modify my existing Chinese fixture to be dimmable full spectrum?

Also my current fixture is just blue an white non dimmable

Does it have to dim? And this is for your 15g tank? When I did a small aio I used a par38 bulb from rapid. Worked great and had awesome color. Could be something to look into.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

@FiberglassMonkey wrote:
Does it have to dim? And this is for your 15g tank? When I did a small aio I used a par38 bulb from rapid. Worked great and had awesome color. Could be something to look into. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk said:
Yea its the same 15 I bought from u way long ago. And my only issue with the par 38s is the spread. And they cost about as much as buying the leds for the upgrade at least last time I checked the prices on the par 38s

And no it don't have to be dimmable, but I was worried the extra light spectrums would shock the corals

I have this bulb. Check it out and let me know if you think it could work. I no longer need it and can part with it.
http://www.rapidled.com/12-led-par38-bulb-mixed-color-with-uv/
W/80 degree lenses.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

New chineese box led's are only $85 shipped, dimmable and full spectrum, why bother to upgrade old led's ?

IMO get a kessil 350N for $260 shipped with gooseneck , the light is so much better than the box led's.

If I buy a new led I already have one picked out, I just don't know if I want to pull the plug and buy a new one or just spend the 40 bucks it'd cost for the leds to upgrade my existing light

You may also want to wait until MACNA officially kicks off tomorrow as there will be some new product releases and announcements.

I have a feeling there will be at least one smaller sized LED announced that is made by one of the premier LED brands if not more. [smilie=wink.gif]

Our meeting next month will be a MACNA recap as well and I plan on taking a good look at all the LED lighting options out there. I know there are several of us from the club that will be reporting back [smilie=smile.gif]

I would recommend going full spectrum with the ability to dim each color. I was running a Vega but my tank never really took off until I put the Hydra 26 on it.

@MarcoG wrote:
I would recommend going full spectrum with the ability to dim each color. I was running a Vega but my tank never really took off until I put the Hydra 26 on it. said:
Is that the new nano sized one they came out with? I was also looking at the nano radion dreaming of em can't afford them at the moment, but I did pick up a mh from marc as my leds went out the day before I was going to install the new colors

@Guppy Breeder wrote:
[I]@MarcoG wrote:[/I][quote="I would recommend going full spectrum with the ability to dim each color. I was running a Vega but my tank never really took off until I put the Hydra 26 on it. said:
Is that the new nano sized one they came out with? I was also looking at the nano radion dreaming of em can't afford them at the moment, but I did pick up a mh from marc as my leds went out the day before I was going to install the new colors"]

Yes it is. I was originally going to go with the Radion but I needed a light sooner then when those came out and plus it's cheaper

@MarcoG wrote:
[I]@Guppy Breeder wrote:[/I][quote="[I]@MarcoG wrote:[/I][quote="I would recommend going full spectrum with the ability to dim each color. I was running a Vega but my tank never really took off until I put the Hydra 26 on it. said:
Is that the new nano sized one they came out with? I was also looking at the nano radion dreaming of em can't afford them at the moment, but I did pick up a mh from marc as my leds went out the day before I was going to install the new colors"]

Yes it is. I was originally going to go with the Radion but I needed a light sooner then when those came out and plus it's cheaper"]

How do u like it?

You can use the basic AI wireless controller if you want instead.

The AI Prime due out in November will not need a separate controller and is slated to sell for $199.