LED for a 12g NC DX

hello DFWMAS.org

i was wondering is there any LED retrofit for the 12g nanocube dx?

or

how much would it be to DIY??

right now it has the capacity of Two 24w Power Compacts.

Please HELP!

Thank you!

@abufisher wrote:
hello DFWMAS.org i was wondering is there any LED retrofit for the 12g nanocube dx? or how much would it be to DIY?? right now it has the capacity of Two 24w Power Compacts. Please HELP! Thank you! said:
I would just buy one of these. They suggest 2 for a 30g so 1 should be good. I found some reports of SPS in a 12g with one
http://www.ecoxotic.com/aquarium-led-lights/panorama-modules/panorama-pro-module.html

Check out http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/. Quite a few people have upgraded using the panorama stips. Looks like most people used 2.

google dude

LifespanThe rated life of a CFL ranges from 8 to 15 times that of incandescents.[10] CFLs typically have a rated lifespan of 6,000 to 15,000 hours, whereas incandescent lamps are usually manufactured to have a lifespan of 750 hours or 1,000 hours.[11][12][13]

The lifetime of any lamp depends on many factors, including operating voltage, manufacturing defects, exposure to voltage spikes, mechanical shock, frequency of cycling on and off, lamp orientation, and ambient operating temperature, among other factors. The life of a CFL is significantly shorter if it is turned on and off frequently. In the case of a 5-minute on/off cycle the lifespan of a CFL can be reduced to "close to that of incandescent light bulbs".[14] The U.S. Energy Star program suggests that fluorescent lamps be left on when leaving a room for less than 15 minutes to mitigate this problem.

CFLs produce less light later in their lives than when they are new. The light output decay is exponential, with the fastest losses being soon after the lamp is first used. By the end of their lives, CFLs can be expected to produce 70–80% of their original light output. [15] The response of the human eye to light is logarithmic (a photographic "f-stop" reduction represents a halving in actual light, but is subjectively quite a small change).[16] A 20–30% reduction over many thousands of hours represents a change of about half an f-stop. So, presuming the illumination provided by the lamp was ample at the beginning of its life, such a difference will be compensated for by the eyes, for most purposes.[17]